Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So Fuck Nest



The organizers of "No Suck Fest 2011", my popolo huzzbin Kevin Tit, emerging artist Dana Paresa & too-smart-for-me Shawn Shits were our guests the other month. It's a DIY music fest, featuring local bands, as well as mainland guests Mean Jeans and The Dopamines. Everything kicks off with a FREE event at Mercury Bar on Thursday July 21; then officially starts at Anna O'Brien's (nee Bananna's) on Friday July 22; and finally closes with an ALL AGES night at the LOFT on Saturday July 23 (with 21+ After Party at Mercury.)
Kevin started the fest a couple years ago, and now they're trying to make it an annual thing, like other similar festivals around the country. They've been throwing major fundraisers almost all year, and even had a successful Kickstarter campaign to raise money, for plane tickets to bring out the visiting bands. But the kids have also put a lot of their own money into promoting the shows as well. Advance tickets are available, with discounts if you buy for both nights.

When we were planning the interview on our show, I told Dana to bring anyone she wanted, to give it a party-like atmosphere. Although most of the kids didn't wanna be on camera, we had a lotta fun, and I met a few new cuties who have kept my mind & hands busy. Hopefully to decompress, they'll get all fucked upp that weekend, and I'll be able to administer my Blow Suck Test on them to make sure they're ok. I'm not a doctor, but my name's D.R. on TV.

No comments: