Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I-I-Itcha Pitcha, Shame Shame Shame!

I only got Six minutes and 40 seconds to save the world? Time is waiting. What the f*ck am I gonna say about Shaka Zine & our show Shaka Talk for that long? Or, more important: what the FUCK am I gonna wear?

According the their website, "Pecha Kucha" is a Japanese term for "the sound of conversation", and at the last event I went to, there was a lot of it. Mucha of whicha was during some of the guests' presentations.

Pecha Kucha is an opportunity for artists to gather and network (joy!), while a chosen few speak over a slide show of 20 images, each on-screen for 20 seconds. So, like I said: 6 minutes and 40 seconds...and this month, I'm one of those chosen people. Time to live upp to my inner Jew, while bringing forth my suppressed inner Filipino, but still clinging to my lost little Mexican.

If that last sentence makes little sense, just give me 6 and a half more minutes wearing lipstick/liner/lashes in front of a tipsy crowd of yuppies, hipsters, trendsetters, hanger-onners, and free thinkers there for the free drinks, and I'll either give you a public speech without fault, or bring the party to a screeching halt.

I hope I look cute-ish, or at least get a date. Thomas Square's across the street, so it's semi-guaranteed.

Pecha Kucha Honolulu #5
Friday July 24
730pm to 930pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
Academy Art Center at Linekona
1111 Victoria St
FREE

1 comment:

Mat Kubo said...

You can doooo it! It's fast. I did the last one, or the one before. Were you there? I didn't plan it much. Just went for it. You're a performer, so you have the edge. See you then!